If you are planning to live in New Jersey, then it is the best choice as the climate is at its best. However, you need to protect your home or office building with the best siding material. Siding material is useful for preventing the wall from varying climatic conditions and exposure. Therefore, the protective material adds a beautiful external appearance to your house.
However, there are different types of siding materials like vinyl, wood, brick, stucco, and many others. If you are confused with the type of material to use, then check the comparison and the best for New Jersey weather. However I suggest to contact a New Jersey siding contractor who deals with this on a daily basis and knows the ins and outs of it.
Types Of Siding Material Available
There are different siding materials that can be used for external walls. This enhances the overall appearance and provides the best aesthetics for the building. If you are looking for the types of siding materials, then take a look at the below ones. However, each has its own properties and features that can be chosen by the customers for the best results. Following are some of the siding material which can be compared to use in your building.
- Vinyl and aluminum sidings: The vinyl siding is one of the most common materials which are made of vinyl as well as the aluminum material. The best advantage of using such materials is that they are fire-resistant. Therefore, if your building is prone to fire accidents, then this is the best choice you could make. However, it does not look odd as the technological advancements resemble the wood finish.
- Cedar siding: The cedar siding material can be chosen if you are looking for the best wood finish externally. The cedar wood finishes if ordered when you choose this material. Also, it improves the overall look of the building. The material is very strong and if you are looking for the one which is durable, then this is the best choice. Besides, this material can adapt to different walls and ceilings that offer the best finishing appearance.
- Fibre cement: The siding material is composed of the cement which is made of cellulose fibers. This is used as the reinforcing materials which bind to the wall very strongly. The durability of this material is more than 50 years and therefore if you are looking for a one-time investment that offers more years of longevity, then this is the best choice.
- Wood vs brick: These are two different materials that vary in cost, weather, and other factors. That is to say, the brick costs slightly higher than the wood siding. Similarly, in terms of weather, the wood is considered the best as the brick tends to provide heat during summers and produces cooling during winters.
- Stucco siding: This is the expensive of all the siding materials like vinyl coating. This mixing of cement, lime, and silica creating strong and durable siding material.
These are the different types of siding materials that can be used depending on the budget, housing type, and weather conditions.
Choosing The Best Siding Material For New Jersey
There are different factors responsible for choosing the right siding material. This includes the cost of the material which falls under your budget and affordable. Also, the quality of the material is very important as there are poor quality materials that can spoil the entire look of the building.
Therefore, it is important to look at the quality of the material, its durable nature, aesthetic look, and required maintenance. Following are some of the tips to choose your siding material
- In terms of efficiency: If you wish to choose the right siding material, then stucco and metal are the ones that are more efficient. That is to say, the stucco is useful or providing the right temperature into your home. For instance, the brick siding can heat up your house during summer. However, the stucco has the ability to repel the warm temperature and making the home to stay cool. In extremely cold temperatures, metal siding is best compared to the vinyl ones.
- Damage and repairs: Vinyl and aluminum are the best materials in terms of getting damaged as they have higher resistance. That is to say, the capacity of vinyl and aluminum materials is pretty equal to damages. Aluminum is the best one as it can withstand heavy moisture, changing weathers, and other conditions. However, wood can be subjected to insect bites, moisture, and pests that damage the material easily. Therefore, if you wish to use wood, then engineered wood can last for a long time.
- Cost: The cost of the siding materials depends on various factors such as installation, siding materials, and savings. The vinyl is cheaper in terms of most factors as they cost around USD 4 per square feet. The cedar siding is the expensive ones as they cost around 8 USD per square feet. In terms of installation, the vinyl material can cross our metal as they can easily bind together and provides a neat finish.
- Durability: For long-term durability, metal siding is the best for buildings at lower temperatures. Similarly, vinyl and engineered wood can perform better next to the metals. The normal wood or cedar can be the worst combination of durability.
- Versatility: If you wish to choose a material in terms of size, color, and texture, then vinyl and engineered wood can be the best choice. Similarly, wood can also come in different styles and patterns which helps you improve the looks of your building. The painting is possible for metal as well as stucco siding for the best results.
- Maintenance: Vinyl siding material is the best one which requires very little maintenance compared to other materials. Certainly, metal also requires less maintenance and stucco material is brittle which might require patch works after a period. However, wood siding requires the most maintenance and for every 4-6 years, they should be treated with conditioning treatments.
To sum up, the best siding materials one can use for New Jersey is are vinyl, metal, and engineered wood.