Long gone are the days where the laundry room only reflected the chore that you were about to undergo. Many people do not even give a second thought to the laundry room, let alone picking out cabinets for it. However, if you want your laundry room to look the best and not put the rest of your house to shame, then you might want to make sure that you do some work on it. And the first step towards that would be to choose some nice-looking laundry room cabinets that will take the dullness away.
Why Need Laundry Room Cabinets?
At this point, you may be thinking: why invest in cabinets for your laundry room? Well, by choosing a good laundry cabinet, you get extra storage that may reduce the time you spend on your laundry errand. With your laundry already tucked in its rightful place, it will be much easier for you to stay organized and reduce the time you spend sorting. Isn’t that what you actually wanted, after all?
Nowadays, the market offers quite a lot when it comes to cabinets for your laundry room. You can find them in a variety of materials, but also in numerous styles and finishes that will make the room seem all nice and classy. A good cabinet set will improve the functionality of the room, all while making it look tidier and overall, less cluttered.
Choosing the Cabinet Material
When it comes to getting the cabinets for your laundry room, there are quite a few options that you may go for. Depending on your preferences, here is what you could choose:
- Metal: If you are looking for durability and strength, then metal cabinets are by far the ideal choice for you. Plus, what many people love about metal cabinets is that you may also paint them if you want to match them with the rest of your laundry room. They also have quite an attractive price, making them a suitable choice for a lot of people. Not to mention that they have a high resistance to humidity.
- Wood: One more example of a popular material that people prefer for their laundry wood cabinets is wood. However, bear in mind that laundry rooms have quite high humid levels – and without a good sealing layer, cabinets might not last that long. If you do choose this material, you should go for hardwood, as it is much more durable in comparison to softwood.
- Rubber: Yes, you read that right. Rubber is quite popular nowadays, especially for cabinets. Not only is it resistant to high levels of humidity, but it is also durable and strong. This material is also very affordable, making it a great choice for those that are shopping on a budget.
In the end, the choice of material is completely up to you. Bear in mind that the laundry room also tends to get quite humid, which is why you will have to choose a material that resists in those conditions.
Tips for Installing Laundry Room Cabinets
Have you decided on what material you want your laundry cabinets to be? Here are some extra tips:
- Choose multi-colored schemes for the cabinets, or tastefully mix the styles. Bear in mind that they need to have one common point (e.g. if they are a different color, choose the same style). Laundry rooms should not be boring, and this applies to cabinets as well.
- Take advantage of nooks and crannies to install cabinets and storage places as well, particularly if you have a small laundry room.
- Integrate the appliances in your cabinets to save space and create style. In this case, you might want to order custom laundry cabinets.
- Be creative with the placements. Laundry cabinets are not just for walls; you may install them underneath a window as well, for example. Add a countertop, and you’ll have an efficient working place as well.
The Bottom Line
Laundry rooms are certainly no longer what they used to be. Now, they are just as important and functional as a bathroom or a kitchen – which is why you need to make sure that you choose the right cabinets.