The Top 7 Advantages of LED Lighting

5/5 - (1 vote)

Light-emitting diode (LED) lighting is a relatively new development, but it has gained momentum as many individuals and companies get to know its advantages. 

Here are the top 7 advantages offered by LED lighting. .

1. Long Lifespan

LED lights last longer than incandescent bulbs. On average, an incandescent bulb can last for about 1,000 hours, while LED lights average 50,000 hours. Some can last for up to 100,000 hours depending on how they are used. This means if you fix a LED light, you may need to replace it after about 12 years. To get high-quality lighting, you have to source it from reliable suppliers like Ledspot.com.

2. Eco-Friendliness

More and more companies are becoming environmentally conscious and are devising ways to lower their carbon emissions, among other measures. Customers have not been left behind. They also prefer to use eco-friendly products, which explains why they are replacing their fluorescent and incandescent bulbs with LED lights. 


The environmental friendliness of LED lighting extends right from their manufacturing process up to their use. Most traditional light sources and fluorescent tubes use mercury, making them dangerous to handle, especially when the time comes to discard them.

3. Energy Efficiency

Energy efficiency is perhaps the main reason why many people resort to installing LED lights. By replacing your incandescent bulbs with these, you can save between 60% and 80% on your lighting bills. The savings could rise to as high as 90%, depending on the type of bulbs you are replacing and the type of lighting you replace them with. 

Energy efficiency makes LED lights a good investment for your business because they’ll bring down your operational costs. 

4. There Are No UV Rays Or Heat Emissions

Incandescent bulbs can get extremely hot when in use. These bulbs are quite inefficient. They convert almost 90% of the electric energy supplied to them into heat energy, which means only the remaining 10% is converted into light energy.

LED lights don’t emit heat energy. Almost all the electrical energy they use is converted to light energy. Again, they don’t emit UV rays, explaining why artists prefer to use them to illuminate their artwork. LED lights don’t break down or degrade their artwork.

5. They Can Work In Low-Temperature Conditions

Most light bulbs can’t work in cold weather. Fluorescent tubes, for example, may require high voltages to start, and their light intensity will diminish with time. On the other hand, LED lights can operate even in low-temperature conditions. In fact, their efficiency increases by 5% in cold conditions. This explains why they’re used in refrigerated display points, cold storage, meat lockers, and freezers. 

6. Instant Lighting

LED lights don’t require heating time, meaning they will come on instantly when you switch them on. They will also go off instantly when you switch them off. They can also withstand frequent switching on and off. This is not the same for incandescent lights which will burn off if you switch them on and off frequently. 

7. Design Flexibility

LED lights are used in many areas because they can be made as small or as big as the designer wishes. They can even fit as indicator lights on circuit boards, something that’s impossible with other light sources. LED lights can also be combined into bunches to form large bulbs. This means LED lights can be used to light up anything, from large football stadiums to shop floors. 

Conclusion

LED lights are the perfect solution to your ever-growing power bills. When you install them, your power bill will come down significantly. They are a better source of light and will serve you for many years before you can think of changing them. Above all, these lights are environmentally friendly and affordable.