Outdoor grills in the patio or the backyard are great to have in your home when you plan a BBQ with friends and family. However, when looking after your outdoor grill, you need to clean and maintain it regularly. Homeowners should not only clean and maintain their grills, but they should be aware of the right way to do so.
How can you protect and maintain your outdoor grills?
Given below are the correct ways via which you should clean and maintain your grills-
1. Give the grates a good clean-up with your brush. This should be done both before and after the cooking process. The brushing will remove chunks and small pieces of meat that have been stuck in between the grates.
2. Remove and give the burner protectors a good wash- You should always wash the burner’s protectors from grease and other things that might clog them. These protectors tend to get dirty if you miss cleaning and washing them after every use. You can put them inside a bucket and give them a good wash with your sponge scrubber.
3. The grime should be wiped away from the burners of the grill- There are some grills where wiping them is much simpler than the rest. However, make sure you take them out and clean them. You should always cover your grill when not in use. There are good brands in the market that give you excellent products. For instance, you can use the weber grill cover to protect your grill when not in use.
4. gunk located at the bottom of the grill needs to be wiped clean. This can be done when you remove the plates that are located at the bottom. You need to take them out and give them a proper clean-up.
5. Place the parts of your grill together before giving it a final wipe down. Once you have completed all the steps that have been listed above, finally wipe your grill and use your cover to protect it when not in use.
The time it generally takes for you to clean the grill is about 15 minutes every week. If you use your grill often, you need to clean and maintain it frequently. When you are buying a grill, get one that suits the décor of your home and has all the features you need.
Finally, when it comes to the maintenance of the grill, ensure you check it regularly with a professional to detect any propane leaks. This can be done by yourself as well. All you need to do is run some soap water along the gas line and its connections with the propane. In case you see the bubbles forming, this means there is a leak. Here, you should call a professional or replace your line.
Therefore, in this manner, you are effectively able to clean and maintain your grill. In this way, you can prolong its lifespan and take care of it correctly with success!