First steps to follow if I want to sell your house
- Carry out a real estate appraisal. Advising us of the real price of the house is fundamental to be able to fix a price of sale. we cannot trust for example of the evaluation that appears in the taxes of property because they are not always updated.
- Investigate the current situation of the real estate market. To decide the price that we are going to put of sale it is interesting to know how much the housings are sold in the same neighborhood or the same city, this will help us to know if we are within the market price.
- Documentation prepared and in order. If we want to sell our house quickly is important to have everything ready to do the paperwork once we find a buyer. The documentation can also be requested by some of the possible buyers to be informed of the state of the house. We will need the deeds of the property, the title of property or deed registered in the public registry of the property. This is important, for example, if it is an inheritance as the property will be in the name of a deceased person.
How to prepare your home for sale
Just as when we meet a person, the most important thing is the first impression they make on us; with a house, the same thing happens. If we want to sell our house quickly it is essential that potential buyers when they see our advertisement or visit it fall in love at first sight. The appearance of the house will in many cases be more important than other details, as it will help us make a quicker decision motivated by emotions and not so much for reasons says Suffolk County house Buyers who also are a Long Island house buying company.
Currently, it is very fashionable what has been called Home staging English term that refers to the staging of a house. It is a technique of the real estate market that consists of making some changes in the house to make it more attractive for sale. The changes that can be made quickly and that will help us in the sale are:
- Harmonize. To condition the space of the housing, to highlight the strong points and that can be more attractive.
- Depersonalize. When someone visits our house to buy it we have to bear in mind that they do not want to see what our home is like, but to feel if that space could become theirs. They will see the potential of the house to turn it into a special place and to their liking. That’s why it’s important to remove personal things such as photos and paintings, and leave a more neutral decor that everyone can like. Also if it is a minimalist decoration, visitors will be able to focus on the characteristics and state of the house.
- Lighting. It would be important to make the visit at a time when we have natural light, if not, we must have good lighting. One trick is to buy a light bulb that provides natural light and place the lamps in such a way as to enhance lighting that transmits comfort.
- Organization. To get a quick purchase decision is necessary order. If we remove some unusable objects, and the rest of the things we order them, it will give a sensation of greater amplitude.
- Cleanliness. It is important to clean thoroughly, especially the kitchen and bathrooms. We can also place an air freshener or some flowers that will help us that the house always smells very good.
- Repairs. If we want to sell as soon as possible, sometimes it is necessary to invest time a small amount of money in fixing small damage, so that the house is more attractive and sold earlier.
- Comfort. It is essential that during the visit have a sense of comfort, we talked about placing an air freshener for the smell, but equally important will be to have a pleasant temperature, and the absence of noise or other external discomfort.
- Decoration. This will depend a lot on whether the house we sell is currently our home or a house without use. For example, if we inherit a house and this is old, probably the furniture will be in poor condition or outdated. Therefore, it would be advisable to evict it or equip it with some new furniture. If it is a single-family house we will also have to take care of the state of the garden or garage.
- Size It is a reality that nowadays smaller or medium sized houses are more easily sold. So a possibility to earn more money and sell your house faster, is to make a segregation or housing division project.
How to sell a house today
Before, to sell a house usually you did it through agencies, advisors or promoters. However, according to data, currently 56% of the homes, premises and garages advertised on its platform are sold privately. Many of you want to take care of it personally, and the truth is that now is easier than ever.
All you have to do is post a good ad on the internet. To do this you can use the multiple platforms that serve as Idealista.com, fotocasa.es, or enalquiler. These pages are very easy to use and with much more visibility than, for example, newspapers. The tips to sell a house quickly over the Internet are:
- Attach floor plan. It is fundamental for the buyer to know the real size of the house and its distribution. In some cases it will be a good claim for them to decide to arrange a visit to the house.
- Quality photos. In the advertisement is very important to add several photos of different parts of the house so that the user can see the state. The trick is to make some good photos that enhance the best of the house and with good lighting. You can add an image of the façade, the portal or other elements of the building if they are going to be an incentive for the buyer. Place the best photo as the main image and never be the bathroom.
- Detailed description. Next to the photographs we have to add a descriptive text of the housing, do not forget to indicate the benefits of the building, the technical data, and all the attractive information that can help that the buyer decides to visit it in situ.
- Sincerity in the advertisement. In addition to a detailed description is must be sincere because it is useless to have a good ad if everyone visiting the house feel cheated. We also need to be clear about the price, and set the same price for all ads on different platforms, because if the potential buyer finds our house advertised on several sites with different prices probably no longer trust us.
- Update. Try to keep the ad updated and make changes to make it more attractive. If you see that with the starting price no one is interested, try modifying it in low quantities to see if you get better results.
- Feedback. Once we post our ad we will start receiving calls and some emails from interested people. It is essential that you do not delay in responding to people who have contacted you. The sooner we have visitors, the sooner we will sell it.
- Communication To get a buyer is necessary to make a good online communication with interested parties, and that communication during the visit makes the potential buyer feel comfortable. It is also necessary to know how to negotiate, as these buyers are likely to try to make us different offers.