Sofa is indoor furniture, usually with frames made of wood, steel, plastic or laminated planks. Foam cushions are made of foam, feather, cloth or a variety of materials. Sofa covers can be soft leather, velvet or linen.
In interior design, sofas are used quite commonly in the office and the family living room. Not only upgrade the aesthetics of the reception space but also bring a smooth and pleasant feeling to the users. However, after a while, the sofa started to dust or get dirty stains for many reasons, at the same time, the sofa is also one of the environments that bacteria, fungi, parasites prefer.
Because fabric sofas are an item we use every day, it’s easy to get stains of dirty water, like coffee, tea traces or some other types of water. So how can you get rid of these dirty stains? Here are ways to remove stains from fabric sofa advised by experts of Kenli website.
Check the sofa material
Fabric sofa is made from many different fabrics/Ph. Pinterest
Before cleaning the sofa at home, you should study carefully the upholstery material to have a proper way to clean the sofa while cleaning the beauty of the sofa. Generally on the market there are 4 ways to clean the sofa depending on the upholstery.
When buying a sofa set for the home, you can ask the counselor about the material and cleaning method of the sofa of your choice. Or each sofa has a label recommended on how to store the sofa that is usually affixed to the bottom of the chair. Some symbols to help you wash the sofa might be:
- W or WS – Clean with chemicals such as soap
- S – Dry cleaning or use water without detergent
- X – Dry cleaning or just vacuuming
- O – Only clean with cold water
Steps to take
The fabric is a rather difficult material to clean because the structure of the fabric is able to stain longer than any other material. Therefore, cleaning stains on fabric sofas requires more time and effort. The procedure for cleaning stains on fabric sofas is as follows:
- Step 1: Check what fabric is the sofa to choose the right detergent.
This stage is very important because sofas are made from many different fabrics. Each fabric has its own unique texture, so you must choose the right detergent to avoid damaging the fabric as well as the seat surface.
- Step 2: Use a soft cloth or vacuum cleaner to clean the dirt on the front seat surface.
You should wipe off the dust on the surface of the fabric sofa before cleaning when the detergent is exposed and works best.
- Step 3: Remove the mattress cover, pillowcase on the sofa and wash
The fabric part has a detachable sofa, soak with soap and warm water for about half an hour, then wash and squeeze gently to prevent the fabric from breaking or deforming the cover. For the stains by spraying Banking soda evenly on the surface of the fabric, wait about 1 hour, at this time, the stains have been washed, you can use a vacuum to remove the dirt on the sofa.
Carefully gently scrub with the sofa fabric surface/Ph. Pinterest
For a sofa without removing the cover, the family mix 1/4 cup of dishwashing liquid with 1 cup of water, stirring to create a sofa sanitary mixture. Then use a sponge or soft brush to gently rub on the chair and dry rags wipe off any excess foam because if left dry, they will create a patchy stain on the chair.
To remove detergent and residual stains, wipe the chair with a clean, damp cloth and use a fan or near a window with a light to dry the seat.
- Step 4: clean the cotton layer under the cover. If cleaning with detergent, dilute with water ratio to 1:4, then use a small brush or sponge rub. Finally, wipe it off with a soft cloth dampened with cold water. For cleaning with normal water, mix with alcohol and spray on the area to be cleaned; Gently rub with a sponge or brush before the alcohol has evaporated.
Some noted gas removes stains of dirty water from the fabric sofa
- Do not use too much water, too much moisture can leave watermarks, fade or shrink the fabric. This process can be used for small stains or on the entire sofa surface.
- Strong detergents will help wash away stains on the sofa quickly, but each sofa is designed with a different material and texture with fabric, genuine leather, imitation leather, high-quality felt fabric, or a little more complicated structure like a sofa bed, a sofa can be raised and lowered.
- So if you use strong bleaching chemicals, the fiber structure of the sofa can be adversely affected and over time, the sofa will easily tear, the spring inside will reduce the elasticity or make the sofa fade. So you have to choose the appropriate detergent.
You should gently clean remove water stains from fabric sofa/Ph. Pinterest
Prepare the specialized cleaning chemicals recommended by experts depending on the material and design of the sofa. If not, you can choose an alternative solution is an organic-based cleaning solution that can both clean well and be safe for health without fear of sofa damage.
For sofas that cannot be removed from the fabric for washing, some people will pour bleach onto the chair and rub the seat surface with a stiff brush. However, unlike clothes or sheets, if you pour too much water when washing, it will take a lot of time to dry, dry the sofa, and if you use too much detergent without washing them all, the sofa can reduce durability, mold and reduce the quality of use.
- If you expose the sofa to direct sunlight, it can cause the sofa to crack, tear and the inside of the mattress to collapse. Usually after washing the sofa you should dry in a cool place, in the sun or use a fan to help the sofa dry faster.
- To extend the life of your sofa, wash sofas periodically every 6 months.
- You should regularly vacuum and handle new stains as soon as possible.
- Use a paper towel or washcloth to soak wet spots to prevent the sofa from getting damp and rubbing vigorously.
Fabric sofa is always the interior decoration option of many people. It is very convenient and beautiful. Refer to https://noithatkenli.vn/sofa for the most popular sofa models in the ear market. In order to ensure the fabric sofa is durable and long, you should buy yourself tips to remove water stains from fabric sofa. Above are a few suggestions for you. Good luck!