Mold is a common and often overlooked household problem. While it may seem harmless, mold is one of the most toxic substances you can encounter in your home environment. It is estimated that 4.6 million people in the U.S. have asthma that can be attributed to mold exposure. Black mold is considered the most dangerous type of mold overgrowth and can be severe enough to cause illness.
Can I Stay in My House With Black Mold?
It is recommended that you stay somewhere clear of mold spores until all black mold has been removed from your home. This is because black mold is toxic and can cause immediate health issues and result in long-term consequences.
What causes black mold?
Toxic mold is created by volatile organic compounds (VOCs), which stem from mold spores. VOCs interfere with the respiratory and nervous system.
Black Mold Affects Emotions and Psychological Health
It is possible that being exposed to black mold over an extended period of time can lead to depression and anxiety. The toxins found in mold can build up inside the body, and it can also create brain fog, insomnia, and the inability to focus. Even after the mold is gone, the symptoms may linger for a long time as the body recovers from the toxins.
Black Mold Affects Physical Health
Black mold mostly impacts the lungs and triggers respiratory problems. Black mold causes irritation to the mucus membrane in the nose and throat. It can also result in irritation to the eyes. This ends in sneezing, rashes, and chronic coughing. Black mold may also cause fatigue and frequent headaches. It is a toxin that leads to inflammation and hypersensitivity throughout the sinuses. Your immune system may become compromised, resulting in additional illness to set in if this becomes an ongoing problem.
If you are allergic to black mold, the reaction can be more severe. This can lead to vomiting, nausea, and bleeding in the nose and lungs. You need to leave the location if this is the case. Getting help from experts, such as Miami Tile & Renovation, can fix the problem before you return home.
Black Mold Symptoms
Some of the most common symptoms you may encounter are itchy and watery eyes, wheezing, sneezing, and asthma. Another sign you might be dealing with black mold in your home is chronic lung disease, as your lungs can become irritated and inflamed for a long time while dealing with a toxin on a long-term basis. You may also experience a runny nose, skin rashes, and redness around your eyes. More severe symptoms include memory loss, fatigue, dizziness, and infertility. This happens when you have been in a home for a long period of time while infested with black mold.
Get Professional Help to Remove Black Mold
Black mold is incredibly difficult to get rid of and can continue to reappear whenever there is dampness. You may be able to get rid of it on the surface if it is a spot issue. However, if it has spread into your carpet, your drywall, or is hidden throughout unseen areas of your home, the remedy will be much more extensive. You can, however, work with professionals who know all about mold removal. Find out more information from experts who can resolve the problem permanently.