Green Building or Sustainable Architecture is the practice of creating structures in which the resources are used optimally throughout the stage of development of a building. In a standard building, there is more energy consumption, and wastage of water and high-cost bills generated whereas in green buildings or sustainable buildings have minimal wastage of water; optimize energy consumption, conserves natural resources that generate less waste and provides healthier space for occupants.
In today’s era, all the construction companies are turning into Green Building where BIM Services about ordering material that is not wasted, pollutant-free materials, energy and water optimum consumption, etc. is important for making the building go green and attain sustainability.
Green Buildings are designs that are made creatively to reduce the overall impact of the built environment on natural resources and human health. It is the one that allows protection of climate and natural environment. It also preserves natural resources and improves the quality of life for humans.
The software used to enable the design of the Green Buildings is Green Building studio, Sefaria Architecture, IES Virtual environment, and Energypro. Green building is not just applied to the Residential Buildings but also Commercial Buildings, Government Infrastructures, and Community Centre.
Not all the states and countries would have the same Green Building Concept it differs due to distinctive climate conditions, unique cultures and traditions, diverse building types, demographic, and social elements which shape their approach to Green Building concept. Architects put in a lot of effort to create Green Building that boosts their aesthetics, reduces the negative impact it leaves on the environment and make the design in such a way that it creates a positive impact on the lifespan of a building.
Features of Green Building
Green Building becomes essential for the designers and architects to take into consideration before designing and developing the building nowadays. The benefits of Green Building are as follows:-
- Energy-efficient equipment:-Use of efficient lighting fixtures and solar water heating systems.
- Renewable energy: – Using renewable sources of energy such as solar and wind.
- Eco-friendly building materials: – By using sustainable building materials such as recycled glass and steel into creating building design can be fruitful to the construction owners and managers. It results in tremendous waste reduction and helps to reduce the environmental impact of the building. Green buildings are built from natural, innocuous, and regenerated materials that are cheap.
- Volatile organic compounds: – Using paints having low VOC’s (solvents that get released into the air as paint dries) is essential for today’s environment living habits.
- Improving health and productivity: – Hygiene and proper conditions inside a building help in boosting human productivity, which is why various businesses focus on this aspect. It improves the quality of indoor for human safety and comfort. It provides sound working conditions for the employees and other inhabitants for cleanliness.
- Natural light: – Maximizing the use of natural light which will subsequently save energy costs.
- Green roof systems: – Installation of green roofs leads to a reduction in heat absorption.
- Rainwater harvesting:-Adding rainwater harvesting and purification systems to make the most of rainfalls. The target is to save water and its consumption.
- High return on investment:- Buildings which are made with natural resources results into high return on investment that can be in future sold at high rates.
- Minimal disruption of landscapes and site areas: – It uses non-toxic and recyclable materials to make the construction base and impact the built environment.
- Control Systems: – Effective controls and building management systems enhanced by architects.
Introduction to the concept of Vernacular Architecture
Vernacular Architecture is a general practice of creating buildings by using natural resources in the vicinity of the project site. This type of houses is most cost-effective when compared to the traditional style of houses.
It is an affordable home-design methodology that is used for minimization the cost and environmental impacts on the projects. Revit Documentation Services makes the designers or architects conclude climatic, environmental, and local technology influence, which takes a lot of time in a project.
What are Green Building Rating Systems Certificates about?
IGBC means Indian Green Building Council that was founded by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in 2001 with an objective to facilitate the effective use of resources, water conservation, energy utilization, handling household wastes, material utilization and designing for the comfortable and environmentally houses.
It is the first-ranking program developed in India for giving ratings to the green buildings. It works on materials and technology available with the construction companies. It is designed to address preferences and enhance mobility for the occupants.
The pricing of the rating program for the Indian Green Building is as follows:-
LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design), BREEAM (BRE Environmental Assessment Method) and Green Globes have widely used rating system used around the world. In 1990, BREEAM was the first green building rating system in the world later in 2000, the US Green Building Council (USGBC) that created a LEED rating system for the green building.
Green buildings are useful for the conservation of scarce natural resources and the health and well-being of occupants. This newbie concept in the construction industry is gaining momentum as it ensures less building waste at every stage during the construction and operation of the building that would result in low costs as per the expertise technology advisor.
All the countries and construction companies must understand the importance of going green, which helps to reduce carbon footprint and drive a positive impact on the environment. There are many ways in which adoption of Green Building is done by reducing waste, pollution control, and demolition of environment, efficiently using energy, water, and other resources that protect productivity and health of occupants residing in the building.
By using sustainable design and material into the creation of a building that is environmentally friendly can bring a lot of advantages to the building owners and clients. It results in lowering development cost, operation costs, and increased comfort; provide healthier indoor environment quality, enhanced durability, and fewer maintenance costs.
Vishakha Jadav with her proficient expertise in writing valuable content for a website, blogs, articles, press release, and social media have been serving the construction industry with latest trends, services, and technology advancement. She is associated with Tesla Outsourcing Services, which is a Global BIM & CAD Services Provider to global clients.