A ceiling fan can add style to your home, and make it more comfortable during the warm summer months. It can make your home more energy-efficient and relieve the strain on your cooling system.
Installing a ceiling fan is not a simple process, and you will have more peace of mind if you contact an licensed electrician to do it for you. Qualified electricians in Oak Grove, KY will ensure that the fan has a secure electrical connection which allows it to function properly, and that no unsightly wires are visible.
Here are some benefits to installing a ceiling fan, and why you should have an electrician do it for you.
The Benefits of a Ceiling Fan
A ceiling fan can make your home more energy-efficient. That’s because your air conditioner won’t have to run for as many hours, which will extend its lifespan. This will also save you money on your energy bills. Not only that, but you will find that your air conditioner won’t have to be repaired as often.
A ceiling fan also has aesthetic value and will decorate the room in which it’s placed, along with its functionality.
- A beautiful ceiling fan could also boost the value of your home without spending a lot of money.
- Ceiling fans are versatile and can actually be used in cold weather as well if you have a fan with the option to run it in the opposite direction.
- Fans can also improve the inside air quality by pushing smoke and other pollutants out through open windows.
6 Reasons You Should Hire an Electrician to Install Your New Ceiling Fan
- If you want to install a ceiling fan in a place that doesn’t have a light fixture, it’s best to get an electrician to do it, as new wiring will be needed to the location of the ceiling fan. You will also need a new wall switch.
- If you don’t know much about wiring, it’s essential for your own health and safety that you use the services of an electrician, as you could potentially get a lethal electric shock. You could also fall from the ladder you’re standing on, or drop the fan, damaging it. If the fan is mounted incorrectly, it could come loose from the ceiling and fall, causing damage or injury.
- It’s vital that the wiring is installed correctly for your ceiling fan, as loose wires can cause sparks, which could lead to an electrical fire. The wiring inside your home might need to be changed to ensure the fan functions properly.
- An experienced electrician will make sure your ceiling fan has sufficient buffering. This will prevent the fan from becoming too loose over time, which could result in damage to the ceiling.
- If you have high ceilings, you’ll want the input of an electrician to determine at what height the fan should hang. An electrician will also know which ceiling box to use for your fan. The ceiling box attaches the fan to the inside of the ceiling. It’s essential to use the correct ceiling box, to prevent your fan from falling from the ceiling and injuring someone below.
- Hiring an electrician will save you money and time in the long run. After struggling for a few hours, you’ll probably decide it’s worth paying the money to get a professional job done.
A ceiling fan is a cost-effective and useful investment, which can add value and comfort to your home. It’s tempting to want to install it yourself, but don’t try DIY if you don’t have the necessary experience with wiring. It’s a good idea to get an electrician to install the fan for you, for health and safety reasons, and also to prevent potential damage.