Quartzite is a popular countertop material. Most people tend to love the material because it is highly economical. It is also full of colours and patterns that make it a practical choice among people who love having a plethora of options. Apart from this, if you are looking for exceptional quality and durability, quartzite is here to deliver that to you.
But one of the most complicated things to understand when purchasing this is whether to buy a honed quartzite or not. Well, if you genuinely want to know more, make sure you read this article until the end. Oh, and do not forget to follow Caesarstone for more relevant information on the best stone countertops for your home.
- A honed finish is seamless and matte. So, if you are looking for style and impeccable appearance, this countertop can work like magic. Although we can recommend other functional countertops, the stunning beauty you can find for this one is excellent. However, honed finishes do not reflect any polish or shine. This makes them look very sophisticated and provides a luxurious finish. Honed finishes for quartzite are most recommended.
- Honed quartzite countertops also allow you to add a splash of colour when in need. While other materials for countertops, like marble, can be beautiful to look at, they do not allow you to add colours easily. Thankfully, quartzite is an exception. However, these do not make significant statements, so you have to be a bit careful. Generally, you can expect the honed finish to give the countertop a soft and smooth tone.
If you do not like to see your reflection on a specific countertop or too much shine, you can easily opt for quartzite that is honed.
- Apart from this, many people think that honed finishes look more modern than polished finishes. Today, most countertops have a glossy finish, so it has also become quite cliché and monotonous. That is why having a honed finish quartzite countertop at home is more sought after for those who want something unique. Visitors are bound to stop and stare as they see a countertop that stands out from the rest. We promise; it will not disappoint you.
- Such countertops also go well with rustic style kitchens, industrial style kitchens, and so much more. So, why is the wait worth it for you?
- Honed finishes are also easy to clean and maintain. That is why we highly recommend them to you.
- Apart from this, quartzite that is honed is also quite an economical choice. If you purchase it from a reputable brand, you will find a good quality countertop at an affordable price. So, you need not spend a fortune on a countertop only to receive something that you do not even like at the end of the day.
- Availability is another crucial reason why we recommend you pick this countertop over any other. You see, if you can’t find the countertop of your choice easily in local stores, it can be quite a challenge for you. Since quartzite that is honed is readily available everywhere, we advise you to choose this option.
If you are not sure about which finish you prefer the most, do not make a hurried decision. We will always advise you to conduct extensive research for all types of countertop finishes to make the right decision for yourself. But we would surely like to give you a bonus tip, and that would be to opt for honed finishes when the opportunity arises. Below are a few other factors that will help you make the right choice.
Budget is always important to note when you wish to buy the right finish for your quartzite countertop. That is why it is best to compare the prices everywhere.
What do you like more, honed or polished finish on your countertop? Yes, you should consider the trends, but your taste should be of utmost priority. So, if you think you would prefer a honed finish more, make sure you get your hands on it.
Both honed finishes and polished finishes are good choices that present different looks for your kitchen or bathroom space. However, you are the one who has to purchase that at the end of the day, so you should do what you feel is best.