Bathroom remodeling stories are ripe with tales of woe. The two most common complaints are ‘my remodel project took way longer than planned’ and ‘the final cost is much more than what was originally estimated.’ Take control of your project with Simplicity Bath’s list of avoidable bath remodeling mistakes. Keeping it simple is at the heart of a bathroom remodel experience.
If space is an issue in your bathroom, then a space-saving bathtub might be the best solution for you. Space-saving tubs come in many shapes and sizes to suit any space constraints that you may have. Space saver baths are fantastic for small bathrooms with limited space but still want to have a tub in the house. Why not check out space saver tubs from Kitchen & Bathroom Creations.
The 18 Most Common Mistakes
1. Under-estimated the time to select and order all the required products and materials to ensure they would arrive before the construction begins.
2. Started demolition and construction before design was finalized and all products and materials were selected, ordered and had an assured delivery date.
3. Failed to confirm that all items were included in a given product selection for a complete installation. Missing parts delay the job.
4. Did not install wall blocking for current and future grab bars, towel bars and toilet paper fixtures.
5. Added lighting, fan and other electrical fixtures, without realizing that an additional electrical circuit needed to be added to handle the load.
6. Forgot to check existing water supply piping and make provisions to replace galvanized pipe (especially applicable for homes built before 1975).
7. Created new design repositioning plumbing fixtures that required changing the ‘rough-in’ plumbing, while not understanding cost impact.
8. Didn’t create a reserve account for hidden damage such as dry rot and mold in the tub area.
9. Did not verify and confirm tile quantities and associated water-proofing and crack arresting underlayment.
10. Planned a new soaking tub, and forgot to confirm that the existing hot water tank can handle the load.
11. Didn’t ensure adequate access to plumbing to fix future leaks or clogs.
12. Door location and swing hit fixtures, vanity or did not provide adequate clearance.
13. Inadequate toilet clearance side to side and leg room.
14. Poor or inadequate ventilation for moisture and odors. Windows alone are often not enough.
15. Built-in vanity unit too close to wall causing drawers and doors to clash with trim, door or fixtures.
16. Inadequate provision for storing linens, medicines, cosmetics, grooming accessories.
17. Failed to realize commonly referred bath tub dimensions provided by manufacture is the overall size, not the interior bathing area dimensions.
18. Failed to check shower door [net] free area dimensions.
Avoiding these costly mistakes won’t solve all the issues with remodeling your bathroom but addressing them will surely guarantee less headaches and less overall cost.
According to VIP Realty, Designers today are focusing a lot on creating first impressions. Designers today are focusing a lot on creating first impressions. Need be a retail store or a residence, the design of an entrance door is as important as other spaces. It is the first thing a person comes in contact with when […]
When we talk about small house design, a picture of comfortable living, a cozy corner, and a welcoming environment is drawn in our heads. In India, the small house design trends are leaning towards environment-friendly homes. From inheriting natural light through any medium during the day to focusing on open planning, the simple abode of […]
Vernacular architecture refers to the traditional and local style of building construction that is indigenous to a particular place, culture, and climate. It is a type of architecture that is typically designed and built by the people who will occupy the buildings, rather than by professional architects. Vernacular architecture is often characterized by using local […]
Small office interior designs are majorly taken for granted when considered through design aspects. But, even smaller office spaces could be creatively crafted into an inspiring work environment. The Small masculine office ideas focuses on the office spaces with comparatively smaller carpet areas. The trends pertaining to small office interior designs in 2021 in India […]
Curtains are a key component of home décor since they can transform any room with elegance. The correct curtains can completely change a space, giving it a warm, elegant, or bright air. With so many options on the market, finding the ideal curtains may be a difficult challenge. We will walk you through the process […]